Burgee

Welcome Back Forums Other Clever Ideas Burgee

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Richard Garlant
    Participant

Do we have a Burgee or could we get one designed by and for the Nick 38 Owners Group? Just an idea that was mentioned by Peter a while ago and I thought would be fine thing to display at events.

Keymaster

Roger Haggar, owner of Race Passage, wrote me an email a few months ago and sent me a photo of his boat with his burgee design. I think it’s pretty clever:
    Race-Passage-Burgee.jpg

As he said in the email “Note the home made personal burgee. An N code flag with a white insert superimposed with red 38 numerals!!”

So, Roger, would you care to share that design if others like it?

Marilyn

racepassage
    Participant

By all means Marilyn, after all I stole the ‘design’ from the Nic 31/32 Association. This one was my Mark 3 effort as the Mark 1 burgee had the 38 numerals superimposed directly on to the N flag. Quite impressive as viewing from deck level it looked like a Nic 88. Thus the necessity of the white insert. Having the code flag, the insert and numerals were cut and heat pressed on both sides at our local ‘Dogs Ear T-Shirt/Embroidery’ store for approx C$15-20.

Ronar M
    Participant

Hi All

This seems like a great idea. It fits in with the ‘house style’ of the Nic 31/32 Assn and is makeable from a ‘November’ flag with suitable modifications. Let’s go for it. Trevor (Ronar M)

michael bennett
    Participant

Quite agree, would be happy to fly one.

Promise II
    Participant

You have my vote on Roger’s burgee design.

Bye the way, can anyone tell me the best way to upload photo’s onto this site. I have tried a couple of times with no success. Are there any little tricks i should know about?

Voltair
    Participant

Could we have one with the waterline length on it instead? Would be a lot cheaper when you get that Marina guy ask how long the boat is!

Ronar M
    Participant

There’s one answer to that. Rediscover the delights of anchoring and pay nothing.

Ronar M
    Participant

http://www.the-flag-loft.co.uk have some very nice sewn code flags of various sizes at reasonable prices

Ronar M
    Participant

Have contacted Ocean Canvas in Plymouth, UK. who are currently making me some new sail covers and made a new cockpit canopy for me last year. They can supply the red numbers needed and will sew them on or send them out for self assembly of the flag.
    I will buy an ‘N’ flag from The Flag Loft and get it made up by Ocean Canvas and let everyone know the costs. Cheers. Trevor

Ronar M
    Participant

Have now finished making a burgee similar to Roger Haggar’s. I want to post a photo of it and have asked Marilyn how to do this and await her reply. I bought a code flag N (24″ x 18″) for £1499 from Flag Loft and had some numbers cut £12 by Ocean Canvas. We then sewed the numbers to patches made from an old white sheet and sewed them to the flag. I’m really pleased with it. It will be flying from Ronar M’s starboard crosstrees when she goes back in the water this Friday. Cheers, Trevor

Keymaster

And as proposed, here is Trevor’s (Ronar M) burgeee
    Burgee.jpg

He says

Quote:
    I bought an N code flag for £14.99 and had Ocean Canvas in Plymouth make the letters for £12. I sewed the numbers onto a bit of old sheet and then sewed these onto the flag.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.