Welcome to Guy H, serious about owning a Nic 38

Welcome Back Forums Other Introducing New Members Welcome to Guy H, serious about owning a Nic 38

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Welcome Guy – I hope our forum can help you connect with Nic 38 owners. I understand you are actively searching for a boat.

Guy is located in Surrey.

Marilyn, moderator

Anne Williams
    Participant

Hello Guy
    I have just joined the Nicholson 38 group and noticed the welcome to you, and that you are interested in buying a Nicholson 38. You may be interested in ‘Interim’ , lying in Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne.
    I am in the process of putting together a description but do contact me if you would like any information
    Best wishes
    Anne

Guy H
    Participant

Thank you Marilyn for adding me to your forum – I have been looking for the right boat for over a year now and have narrowed it down to a heavy displacement, long keeled ketch around 35′-40′. My shortlist has come down to the Nic 38, the Belluire Endurance 35, closely followed by the Super Sovereign 35 and looking to purchase ideally in the next few months

Guy H
    Participant

Hello Anne

Yes, I have seen Interim (she is on my shortlist!) and actually emailed Bates Wharf (before seeing you on here) although have not received any reply from them.

I know it’s not the easiest time to be buying a boat right now, but I am sure things will be getting better soon.

I would be very interested in any further information & photos you may have

Best wishes
    Guy

Stella Scot
    Participant

hello Guy,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

We ha just put our Nicholson 38 “Stella Scot” up for sale here on the forum.

You can se more details here in the for sale section on this forum, and download the full specification too:

Welcome Back

She is ashore in Copenhagen Denmark and only 10 minutes from the airport.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions – she is a a great Nicholson 38 at a very fair price!

Kind regards

Kenneth Midttun

kennethmidttun@hotmail.com

Anne Williams
    Participant

Nicholson 38: 1971 Interim (Hull 85)
    Standard layout and fittings, with some modernization.
    Engine: Perkins 4.107. Full service 2018
    Hello Again Guy
    This is the description of Interim that I am preparing for the Nicholson 38 Owners’ Forum.
    As you mention, I asked Bates Wharf to list her last January but due to Covid lockdowns everything has been on hold.
    I can email you more photos of that would be helpful

“Since we became the proud owners of Interim in 1997, we have maintained her with regular engine services and surveys as well as carrying out various improvements, which made life on board very comfortable. She has been moored in marinas in the UK and in Spain, and we have made good use of the marine services available for maintenance and care during our absence.especially during her stay in Spain.

The main saloon has two extra opening skylights in the coach roof.
    All the cushions have been reupholstered, and deck cushions added to the central cockpit. The forward cabin has been modified to create the option of a double berth with a triangular insert. The starboard berth in the aft cabin has been widened to make a more comfortable, if cosy, double berth.
    New basins and two new marine toilets have been fitted, with a holding tank to the main head, which has a Jabsco electric flushing system. There is a shower in the main heads compartment. Before her voyage to the Mediterranean in 2004 we had a helmsman’s seat made according to specifications obtained from Nicholson 38 records. Also the port curtains were replaced with Oceanair blinds for extra insulation and privacy.
    A boarding ladder to the stern and an electric windlass were fitted in 2012, and netting attached to the guard rails .
    In 2018 on her return from 14 years in Estepona and Santa Pola, Interim was fitted with new standing rigging, and mast and deck lights were checked and renewed where necessary. A new Furlex roller reefing headsail system replaced the Rotastay; the sails were laundered and repaired, and the Genoa’s UV strip was replaced.”

Best wishes
    Anne

Guy H
    Participant

Hello Anne

Thank you for the description – that already answers a couple of questions. More pictures would be very useful yes please my email is  guyh2  yahoo com – just put in the @ and  .    🙂

& Kenneth – “Stella Scot” is the other boat on my shortlist – I am currently looking into the additional costs & logistics of moving her back to the UK together with the possible import VAT implications etc

Best wishes to both of you

Guy

Stella Scot
    Participant

Hello John,

That is great news that “Stella Scot” is on your shortlist. 🙂

We think that she is a fantastic boat too. Regarding VAT I am not sure what the rules are now, but she has been in our ownership ( my dad is the owner) for 25 years and danish VAT has been paid. Thats 25 percent, so maybe you can deduct that and pay only the UK VAT?

Regarding the logistics T am sure we can arrange something, by road or by delivery. Or maybe we could sail her some of the way and you could take over – maybe from Kiel?

Just a thought.

Please dont hesitate to contact me for more info 🙂

kennethmidttun@hotmail.com

Kind regards Kenneth

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.