Nicholson 38, Ilmatar for sale

Welcome Back Forums Sell and Trade For Sale or Free Nicholson 38, Ilmatar for sale

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Erik Theunissen
    Participant

In 2017, I became the proud owner of Ilmatar. Now after years of building memories with greatest regret it is time to sell her.

Ilmatar is well maintained with regular (engine) services, a full anti osmosis treatment, various other improvements and recently a complete interior and electrics overhaul. She is in very good condition and fully equipped for long distance sea/ocean sailing

We have sailed Ilmatar extensively over the past years with trips to the UK, Normandy, Scotland and Denmark. This summer we sailed her on a 3-month journey from the Netherlands, via France and the south coast of the UK, to Northern Spain. This is also where she is hauled out in October and currently on the hardstanding (Marina Deportivo, Santander, Spain)

The list of improvements that have been made is long. But to name a few recent ones. All interior cushions have been replaced/reupholstered. The forward cabin has been fully insulated and modified to create the option of a double berth with a triangular insert (2019). The complete electric installation including all wiring, batteries, solar panel, chargers, lights, etc. has been replaced and upgraded this spring. The interior has been given an upgrade with new paint/wall paper. All windows are re-caulked. New mizzen sail and remaining sails checked and repaired where necessary. All teak wood on deck sanded and oiled. All sheets and halyards, checked, cleaned and replaced where necessary. Full engine service carried out (new belts, filters, fluids, valves set) Both water and diesel tanks cleaned. Thru hulls checked and replaced. New pumps installed (bilge pumps and fresh water pump) and partial new plumbing installed

Boat Details

Nicholson 38 Centre Cockpit Ketch originally built in the Camper & Nicholson Yard, Southampton. 6 Berths in 3 Cabins (Including saloon), 2 Heads and Galley. Powered by a good as new 2016 Beta Marine 43 HP Diesel engine (last serviced: 2022)

-1968 Year Model. Hull nr:23
    -LOA: 11.48 m / 37’8″
    -LWL: 8.22 m / 27’0″
    -DRAFT: 1.58 m / 5’1″
    -BEAM: 3.17 m / 10’5″
    -Displacement Weight: 7,214Kgs/Full weight +/- 8500Kgs
    -Cruising Speed: 5 knots/Max. Speed: 7 knots
    -Fuel tank: 170Lt/Water Tank Cap: 175 Lt

Accommodation:
    6 Berths in three cabins (including the saloon). Two Heads with marine toilets, wash basins and storage cupboards. Galley equipped with a two-burner gas cooker and oven, sink, hot & cold water, 12v Fridge

The list of inventory and equipment is very extensive and a full list is available upon request but in general the boat is (over) complete and ready to sail.

-Sailing package/electronics Raymarine St40

– AIS class B and Epirb

-Multiplexer
    -Autopilot Raymarine
    -Windpilot Pacific self steering wind vane
    -New Seldén masts (2002)
    -Standing rigging in good condition (checked in 2019 & 2022)
    -Full sail inventory: Total of 11 sails (mainsail, headsail, genoa’s, storm sails, spinnakers, staysails (all sails are checked by sailmaker in 2022 and either replaced or repaired when necessary)
    -Dinghy (2,6m) with 4-stroke Yamaha 5HP outboard (2017)
    -Many spare parts

I am sure I have missed a few details so for a fuller description, sale particulars or any other questions please contact me at theunissen.e@gmail.com or call me at 0031 6145 962 38

Asking Price: Euro 48.000,-

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.