A great loss for all of us – RIP Jeremy Lines

Welcome Back Forums Other Uncategorized A great loss for all of us – RIP Jeremy Lines

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Alan Thorne, Newsletter Editor of the Nic 32 association, posted on the Nicholson Admirers Yahoo Group that Jeremy Lines passed away peacefully in his sleep November 14th, 2018. I have tried in vain to find an official report of this from Gosport where he and his wife Claire lived. I don’t want to believe it is true.

Though I never met Jeremy in person, he was lovely in all our all emails and, given he was the House Designer at Camper and Nicholson when the Nicholson 38 was being built, his vast knowledge was a great asset to us all.

In our last email exchange in early November, he told me that at 88, he was back on his bicycle after hip replacements. We can all find his energy and love for life an inspiration.

Marilyn, moderator

Nicholas Fairhust
    Participant

A lovely person, only met him once but his sense of duty and service was very strong. An inspiration to us all, his passing over the bar leaves a gap that will be hard to fill and gives us an opportunity to pause and reflect how we as a community could best remember and pay back his kindness and support?

N 15 /11 /18

Kari and Lawrence
    Participant

Dear All,

Ah, such sad news indeed. I never actually met Jeremy but used to speak with him on the telephone fairly regularly in the late nineties and early naughties, whilst I managed a nic 35. He was always such a willing and helpful gentleman and font of knowledge.  Since owning Nicolisa, we had the pleasure of exchanging emails with the talented Jeremy. Hope you rest in peace dear man. Sadly missed and never forgotten.

Forlornly,

Kari & Lawrence

racepassage
    Participant

Yes Marilyn,

In 1995 after acquiring Race Passage I was in Gosport and  spent an afternoon with Jeremy. He was v. helpful with respect to the boat, supplying drawings etc. Quite a character. As I noticed little work in the yard I inquired if , indeed, did Campers still make small boats. ‘Oh yes’ he replied ‘we launched an 80 footer just the other day’

We will certainly miss his wisdom.

Roger R. P.

Arild Jaeger
    Participant

Dear All,

Jeremy was always very helpful to me when I asked him about our Nic 38/10.

Sadly missed.

Arild

Kari and Lawrence
    Participant

Dear All,

There is a nice obituary available online by googling “obituary for jeremy lines.”

Sweet reading but adds little more than already mentioned!

Regards Kari & Lawrence

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.